Crystal Gardens Massage & Energy Therapy
What is Cupping Therapy?
A silicon cup is squeezed then applied to the skin to create a vacuum. Negative Pressure, or suction, is used to rapidly facilitate rigid soft tissue release, loosen & lift connective tissue, break up and drain stagnation while increasing blood & lymph flow to the skin & muscles in ways not possible using compression techniques.
Simply put, the use of cups allows for a stretching and opening of the tissues in the body. This lifting creates space for fluid to move and helps drain toxins and waste from the cells; then moves that waste out of the body.
Benefits of Cupping
- Colds & Influenza- best with Glass cups
- Intercostal Neuralgia
- Intestinal disorders
- High blood pressure
- Bronchial asthma & congestion -best with glass cups
- Gynecological disorders
- Kidney disorders (including frequent/urgent urination)
- Dispels colds and respiratory infections -best with glass cups
- Relieves gastrointestinal symptoms such as stomachache, vomiting and diarrhea
- Liver disorders
- Gallbladder disorders
- Dermatological Disorders such as pigmentation imbalance
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Anxiety & insomnia
- Post-injury trauma
- Post-surgery adhesions
- Musculo-skeletal problems: pain, spasms, cramps, tightness, numbness, stiffness of the back and neck
- Chronic gastric pain
- Menopausal discomforts
- Activates the skin, clears stretch marks and wrinkles
Contraindications (reasons not to receive cupping therapy or to seek doctor approval.)
Cupping is contraindicated in cases of severe diseases, such as cardiac failure, renal failure, ascites due to hepato-cirrhosis and severe edema, as well as hemorrhagic diseases such as allergic pupura, hemophilia and leukemia, and clients with dermatosis, destruction of skin, or allergic dermatitis.
Cupping should not be applied on an area where a hernia exists or has occurred in the past.
For pregnant women, work on the lower abdomen, inner side of the leg and sacral (tail bone) region should be avoided. Also, if you have never received a cupping treatment, you should wait until the 2nd trimester to receive your first treatment.
If you are unsure whether or not a condition you have may be contraindicated, please first consult your doctor.
- broken bones
- slipped disks
- those undergoing cancer treatments such as radiation (check with Doctor)
- ruptured, ulcerated, inflamed skin
- Fever- you will be sent home
- DEHYDRATION- Will not use cupping but massage if fine.
- Bleeding disorders
- Acute stages of Psoriasis, Eczema, or Rosacea
If you are on blood thinners, are a hemophiliac, diabetic, or have high or low blood pressure, shorter, lighter techniques are recommended and must be used for your overall wellness. Those with low blood pressure should warn the therapist ahead of time as you'll need extra time to rest before rising after a treatment and accomodations will need to be made.
Request More Information
Request More Information